A blend of roasted herbs to taste like coffee without containing any coffee beans. Intense deep coffee notes from roasted Ramón nuts create a robust, focused body. If you like your coffee dark roasted without any competing flavor notes or sweetness, French Roast was created for you.
French Roast, Chicory, Herbal Coffee, Organic
1.3 in stock
1.3 in stock
Inspired by a dream one night, Caroline MacDougall developed the concept for Teeccino: a blend of roasted herbs to taste like coffee without containing any coffee beans. Since its launch in 1995, Teeccino has become the #1 coffee alternative on the market. You can brew it like coffee using the all-purpose grind, or steep it like tea using the single-serve Tee-Bags. 100% caffeine free and acid free, Teeccino is a delicious beverage to be enjoyed any time of day providing many health benefits.
Teeccino is also devoted to environmental sustainability specifically surrounding the harvest of Ramón seeds in the Guatemala Biosphere reserve. By adding economic value to upper canopy rainforest trees which are already growing wildly, it encourages the local community to keep these trees standing instead of cutting them down for other crops. We also support organic farmers in India to grow and harvest our chicory root, as well as donate a percentage of our proceeds to the non-profit, Vitamin Angels.
It wasn’t until I discovered Ramónseeds from Central American rainforests that the dream of a dark roasted, unsweetened herbal coffee with enough body to carry coffee-like depth and intensity came into focus. The Maya drank a brewed beverage of roasted Ramónseeds for all kinds of health reasons. Please recall that this was prior to the coffee tree making its way across the Atlantic.
If you like your coffee dark roasted without any competing flavor notes or sweetness, French Roast was created for you. In a taste test of Teeccino’s regular flavors, Original, Java, and French Roast, those coffee drinkers who like pure coffee flavor preferred dark roasted French Roast. Those who like their coffee sweeter with a lighter roast chose Original. Those who want a medium roast with just a bit of sweetness preferred Java.
Now between all three flavors, those who say “give me regular” can find their personal preference and satisfaction!
- Antioxidants from carob, barley, and Ramón seeds
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residues
- Non-acidic – helps restore alkaline balance
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients, not stimulants
- Contains heart-healthy potassium
- 1g of soluble fiber per serving
- Prebiotic – inulin from chicory root supports beneficial microflora that improve digestion, regularity and intestinal health
- Brewed Teeccino is gluten free as verified by independent laboratory tests
- Brew and Serve Just Like Coffee! Adjust brewing strength and add milk, non-dairy milk, & sweetener or drink black according to personal preference.
- Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp. per 2 cups of water.
- Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp. per 10 oz. water. (Permanent filters work best and save trees!)
- French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp. to ‘3-cup’ pots, 3-4 Tbsp. to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Espresso Machine: Use double porta-filter and 1-2 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Teeccino can last days when refrigerated! Or, make a strong brew by using 2 Tbsp. per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice. Add cold milk or nondairy milk and sweeten to taste.
Kick the Caffeine habit in 2 weeks!
Begin brewing 3/4 coffee to 1/4 Teeccino. Gradually decrease coffee and increase Teeccino until you are Caffein-Free!
roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic Ramón seeds, organic coffee flavor. May contain trace amounts of almonds.